MLA has partnered with Solosi to develop Port Logistics solutions both upstream and downstream from the wharf.
Utilising Simio, a 3D object based modelling environment, we create a visual representation of the supply chain, which integrates individual components of port, terminal and rail and road infrastructure into one dynamic visual system. From the outputs of the model MLA and Solosi have the capability to provide the following services:
- Design optimal long term operating models and associated Terminal Regulations
- Assist with short term operational decisions, including:
- Stockpile allocations and demand matching
- Maintenance shutdowns
- Emergency shutdown management
- Determining what Capex options are most beneficial
- Reviewing historical data for improving operator performance
- Testing scenarios and ideas
- Predicting the outcomes of decisions.
In an era when the level of complexity in systems is increasing exponentially, the benefits of undertaking simulations include:
- The variability of the entire supply chain will be accounted for
- A risk based approach can be utilised to design an optimal operating model
- Predictable outcomes will be achieved through the ability to manage complexity
- Allows immediate buy-in and the ability to visualise scenarios
- Reduces risk and enables the optimisation of operations.